Friday, September 23, 2011

The Clutch

A lot of the poems I write are more like songs, but I'm not very good at the music part (Yet...my parents were music majors and they're teaching me music theory). These are the lyrics I wrote most recently, and I think they're pretty awesome.

This is the clutch
This is the moment
You can't give up
You can't back down

Your life is gonna change
Whichever way you choose
The highway,
or the Right Way.

There's no return
Not to who you used to be
There's no going back
To the past.

This is the clutch
Hit the home run
Or lose the game
Of life.

Your life is gonna change
Whichever way you choose
The highway,
or the Right Way

He's gonna change you
Change your life
Make you new
Make you 'live

Follow what He says
Or lose the freedom to choose
Follow the crowd
If you wanna lose.

This is the clutch
Make your choice.
This is the clutch
You've got the right to choose.

Your life is gonna change
Whichever way you choose
The highway,
or the Right Way


I wrote this on the way home from vacation this summer, after seeing the Reds beat the Padres at Great American Ball Park (First ever pro baseball game. It was epic.) There was a triple hit at a clutch moment, and that's where this came from. Except its something much bigger than baseball. It's eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment