Friday, September 16, 2011

If You Really Knew Me

This is a poem I wrote back in eighth grade, and it's one of my favorites that I've written. It's kinda long, but it's good.
Oh, and I sprained my ankle (Level 2, with nerve damage...) on Sunday playing soccer after Bible study. Whoops...and OUCH.


If you really knew me
You would understand
How much it hurts
To be someone like me.

People do not realize
How mean they can be
Hurting other people
With every word they say

Parents always say
To a little child
That others' words
Can never hurt.

They do not remember
When they were teased
But we remember words
Longer than a fist.

If you really knew me
You would understand
Just how much it hurts
To be someone like me

Teased all my life
Attacked in sixth grade
Called anorexic (side note...I eat. A lot. Like, I'm eating ice cream while typing this a lot.)
Called an idiot

Shunned by the populars
Outcast by the preps
Because I'm not an athlete
I don't have a 'group.'

My friends and I
We try to get away
Leaving for the library
There isn't teasing there.
At least, that's what we thought.

Even the library
Is not free of bullies
Girls can be so mean
But, so can boys.

Just because I'm not
The prettiest girl
Even thought I don't
Try to hide my face.

That doesn't mean
That I don't have feelings
I still hear your words
Putting me down.

If you really knew me
You would understand
How much it hurts
To be someone like me.

My best friend was killed
In a semi-crash
Three days after
My grandmother past on.

I found out about it
Only two days after
I got back home
From Grandma's funeral

At first
I thought that it
Was a cruel joke.
How wrong I was.

I have so much
Hurt inside my heart
You have no idea
What's my heart feeling.

If you really knew me
You would understand
Just how much it hurts
To be someone like me.




Some background on this - I've been teased, bullied, and made fun of since I was in first grade because I'm a Christian and I'm not afraid to live like it. This was written when I had lost about four other good friends, one of them moving, and three turning on me. Now, I've found friends, the drama kids at school, and the people I talk to on Sparklife.
<3 you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, kids can be evil. So hard to love sometimes. :/

    But I'm glad you have good friends now! Never look back, love. High school isn't your life, and you know Someone more important than anyone you'll meet in school. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Now that I'm involved in drama at school, I've found some awesome friends who, though we have different opinions on things, we respect and accept each other.

    Oh, and

    I'm just a nobody
    Telling everybody
    About Somebody
    Who can save anybody.

    =)

    ReplyDelete