Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm Looking For a Friend

I was going to post a poem I wrote last night, not this one from 3 years ago, but something happened today that made me feel like I could write it again.

I thought you were my friends
I thought you'd be there for me
I was trying to be there for you
I thought I was your friend
I guess I thought wrong.

I'm looking for a friend
Someone who's there for me
No matter what I'm going through
Someone who won't push me away.

I thought you were my friend
But you turned your back on me
You stopped talking to me
You had found somebody else.

I'm looking for a friend
Someone who's there for me
No matter what I'm going through
Someone who won't push me away.

I try to be your friend
But you won't let me
You're desperate for a friend
Now I know why!

You cuss me out
You push me away
You steal my stuff
You push me away
You push me away

OH!

I'm looking for a friend
Someone who's there for me
No matter what I'm going through
Someone who won't push me away.

Goodbye, Goodbye,
I won't be speaking to you anymore
Goodbye, Goodbye,
You don't deserve me as a friend
Goodbye!
Goodbye!
Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment