Saturday, December 31, 2011

Puzzle Pieces

My uncle, Dee and his long time girlfriend, Denise, gave our family a jigsaw puzzle for Christmas, and we've been working on it since then.
It's got me thinking.
The world is kind of like a giant jigsaw puzzle, and every person is a piece. There is one place in the puzzle that we fit perfectly, though we may try to make ourselves go somewhere else. That somewhere else could be with a different significant other, a different job, team, or group of friends, but no matter how hard we try, it will never work, and if we do manage to stick ourselves in there, it messes up the rest of the puzzle.
It may look like we fit somewhere, but we might not. I didn't "fit" in high school, so I'm getting out early. My brother and his last boss didn't "fit" and they fired each other (long story - bottom line, make sure your contract is signed, not just verbal). We're all trying to figure out where we fit, and the lucky few who know where they fit try to help us on our way.
There's only One Person who knows where everyone fits, though, and He is the One we need to turn to, not to those who think they are where they fit, not to the other people trying to figure it out, only to Him. And He knows where everyone fits because he made the puzzle.

2 comments:

  1. I like this. I haven't quite found where I fit yet, but I think it's nice to know that if you don't ask the One who made the puzzle you could mess it up. Reminds me to ask where I should go first. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's probably my biggest worry right now, where do I fit? I'm hoping that college and a lot of prayer to God will help my find out that question because I don't want to spend the next 5-10 years trying to figure out what to do with my life.

    ReplyDelete