Friday, January 6, 2012

We really don't know

How much time we have left on earth.

That just hit me. I've known it, but it just registered in my head and in my heart what that really means for me.

We have no clue how long we have on earth until Christ comes back or until we die. I know we're young, but we still aren't promised tomorrow. If we want to make a difference...we've gotta start. Now.

My dream, my goal, for my entire life has been to make a difference in the world, to change the world, and to help people realize the importance of Christ. I don't know how I'm supposed to do that, but knowing that I don't have forever to do it makes me want to just run outside and start yelling about it, to make sure everyone I know knows the change Christ has made in me.

One of my friends, an atheist, recently downloaded a Bible app on her iPod touch. It wasn't what she was looking for, but she decided to keep it, and she's reading it. I want to think I am part of the reason that she kept it and decide to look at it, but I feel like that might be pushing it. I don't know if I've made that kind of an impact on her, but we have had conversations about religion.

I really want to get in front of my English class tomorrow morning and tell them what Christ has done for me...but I can't. I'd be called out for disrupting class, they'd make fun of me, and I'd never hear the end of it. They would make fun of me till the end of the year, if not longer. I'm terrified to just go out and tell people. Why is it so scary? I just want to make a difference.

Sorry if this seems like a rant. But it's what is on my heart right now, and I wanted to share it with you all. If you have any ideas of how to get the Word out there, tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment