Friday, February 24, 2012

Life

Life.
I posted a while back about how we don't know how much time we have left on earth. That was reiterated in my mind recently, in a way more terrifying than I would have ever expected.

My mom picks me up from school every day. I couldn't ride the bus when I was injured, and we kind of just stayed in the habit after my foot was healed. At the end of last month we had a half day at school so I was going home around 11:20 instead of 5:00 (Musical Rehearsal). We were sitting at a light, and it turned green and my mom began to drive into the intersection. Everyone was stopped at the light going the other direction, except for one person. There was a blue sedan that didn't stop at the red light. They almost t-boned our car. My mom and I would have been seriously injured, if not dead.
Like I said, we don't know how much time we have left on earth. Only God does. Let's make a difference while we can.

On another subject- Ring Dance is next weekend! I'm not sure if I'm excited or not...which is kind of an odd feeling. I don't have a date, and at this point I don't have a group of friends to go with, especially since my best friend since second grade won't be there. Taylor, being the insanely talented gymnast that she is, will be in Florida at a gymnastics meet. Our ring dance is at the Officer's Club on a local military base, and I've heard that it's really going to be crowded. YAY! *not*

What I AM excited about, without a doubt, is the District Fine Arts Festival I'm going to in Maryland with my youth Group. Let's go WAG Church! Remember my "Last Lecture" speech/essay? I edited that (pretty severely, actually) and entered it into the First Person Essay section of the contest. I have a chance to spend a weekend with some of the coolest people in the area, watch them perform, and possibly even make an impact on someone's life through my writing. I'm SUPER excited.
If you guys want me to, I'll do a "Blogging DFAF" like the "A day in the life" posts on Sparknotes. I'll send it to Sparklife, and if it doesn't get published I'll post it here.
Actually, I'll do it whether you want me to or not. If you'd rather me do a vlog, then I can do that too.
Let me know in the poll or in the comments (Poll if I can remember how to set up one)
Later y'all.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete