Monday, March 5, 2012

Random Update and Slight bit of Ranting

Saturday night was the Ring Dance for my school. I wasn't all that excited to go, but I ended up having fun anyway. I hung out with some of my friends from eighth grade who I don't get to hang out with often anymore, which was fun. I felt a little jipped though when one of them posted on facebook that she had fun and tagged a bunch of people, not including me. Maybe I'm just being stupid though.
One of my guy friends that I had English class with last year asked me to dance. He actually asked almost every single one of the girls he has hung out with recently to dance, and I really appreciate that. If it weren't for him, many more girls would have not gotten to dance with anyone beside themselves.
One thing that kinda made me mad, though...I asked one of my guy friends to go with me as a friend and he said he was already going with someone. He wasn't there, nor was the girl he said he was going with. If he didn't want to go, he could have just said no - I was asking as a FRIEND. I would have been fine with him saying no. It was more insulting that he lied to me than it would have been if he had just told me that he didn't want to go.
Anyway, I still had a good time, danced with my friends, looked like an idiot because I didn't care what other people thought. Everyone looked really pretty/handsome at the dance. One of the most popular girls at the school went out of her way to come up to me and tell me I looked pretty. We don't talk to each other, and we don't hang out with the same people, since I'm one of the least popular kids at my school, and it kind of made me really feel prettier than I already did. I wore my Greatmudder's favorite necklace to the dance in memory of her. She was really amazing. I miss her.
So...what else is going on in my life?
Just under three weeks until the school musical.
The drama kids went to my old elementary school on Friday for their annual Dr. Seuss Book Character Parade. I made a cloak that looks like the ones the Fellowship wore in Lord of the Rings, but black rather than grey. It's really pretty. The funniest part of the trip was when Aaron, who was dressed up as Darth Vader, and a little 3rd or 4th grader, also dressed as Darth Vader, had a lightsaber fight. Aaron let the little kid "cut off his arm" and then he did a perfect stage fall and pretended he was dead. It was soooo funny.
This weekend is the Fine Arts Festival! I still need to know how you guys want me to blog it...if you do at all >.< I'm really excited, but apparently I have to learn the Purple Dog song unless I want to be the outcast of DFAF...
Ummmm....that's about it.
I'll leave you with a funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzcLQRXW6B0

No comments:

Post a Comment